Getting the Most of Your Insurance: It Starts Here
Our online, quick, 6-step Plan Overview makes it easy to understand plan benefits, care options, out of pocket costs & more.
By Thomas Vincz, Public Relations Manager
Full disclosure: We realize that it isn’t always so easy to understand how your health insurance works – your plan benefits, care options and out-of-pocket costs can be confusing. So, we added a new Plan Overview feature to our member online services.
The Plan Overview appears on your first visit to member online services. This quick, six-step feature also enables you to select your preferences and take preliminary steps for accessing care to help you to get the most out of your plan from the get-go.
Start by logging in to HorizonBlue.com on your desktop or laptop. Then you can:
- See who is covered under your plan(s)
- Understand what you can expect to pay for care depending on deductibles, if applicable, and the type of visit (i.e., primary care, specialist, emergency room or hospital stay)
- View your Explanation of Benefits online
- Find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and learn how to reach Customer Service via chat, email or phone if you have additional questions
To help streamline your experience, we suggest using the Plan Overview feature to set your preferences, such as:
- Selecting Primary Care Physician(s) for everyone covered on your plan
- Signing up for auto bill pay, if desired
- Setting up paperless settings for documents such as Explanation of Benefits
If you choose to skip the Plan Overview, it is always available at the bottom of the website for future reference.
Getting the Most On the Go: The HorizonBlue App
With our new HorizonBlue app getting the most from your Horizon BCBSNJ health insurance has never been easier. Checking your coverage, accessing your insurance card, checking your claims, managing your benefits, chatting with a nurse or having a telehealth visit with your doctor are all just a click away. Simply text “GetApp” to 422-272 to download the app or search for “HorizonBlue” in the Apple or Google app stores.