Employer Resources for Managing Economic Health
2 MINUTE READ
Horizon BCBSNJ offers information about the federal and state assistance available to New Jersey employers looking to protect their businesses and employees.
By Thomas Vincz, Public Relations Manager
For employers struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic, economic health and public health have never been so closely linked.
While doctors and scientists rush to solve the public health crisis, governments at all levels are working hard to cushion the economic fallout. Both efforts have produced a flurry of public information that can be both encouraging and overwhelming.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Horizon BCBSNJ) is here to help, with a consolidated list of resources that can help employers sort through the economic assistance that may be available to them and their employees.
For decades, Horizon BCBSNJ has been a champion of employee health, but these days, we recognize that economic survival is also a main challenge for your employees. In fact, without economic stability, your employees’ physical health could suffer as they may experience depression, anxiety or even an inability to access the care they need.
Horizon BCBSNJ has quickly adapted to this new environment, making sure members have no out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 testing or treatment as well as zero co-payments for in-network telemedicine services.
Many employees need much more help than this. Here, in one place, are resources for federal sources of business assistance and additional state resources specific to New Jersey employers.
Federal Sources of Assistance
- IRS FAQs: Deferral of Employment Tax Deposits and Payments Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Application Paycheck Protection Program Application & Information The Treasury Department Released the Paycheck Protection Program Loan Application Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Information and Timeline for Applications COVID-19: Small Business Guidance & Loan ResourcesIRS FAQs: Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave
New Jersey Resources and Legislative Updates
- COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus Information for New Jersey Businesses
- State Financial Support Programs
- Executive Order Extending Insurance Premium Grace Periods
- Legislation to Modify Family Leave and Disability Benefits in Response to COVID-19
Additional New Jersey Assistance Available to Employees
To learn more about what Horizon BCBSNJ is doing for you and your employees during these challenging times, visit https://www.horizonblue.com/coronavirus-2019.